A flat belly is a physical attribute which everyone strives for when attempting to lose weight. However, getting a flat and toned tummy is not simple task. Overall weight loss is vital to cut down unwelcome fat from the midsection of your body as target weight loss is not feasible. The great news is that it’s not necessary for you to spend money on gym training to lose abdominal fat. Pilates moves can be a better choice to tone down your belly. Pilates is far better than gyming for belly fat as it focuses on the deepest layer of abdominals.
Over the last couple of years, Pilates has gained massive popularity as a form of fitness. The Pilates moves are devised to target specific body parts which need improvement and merge the benefits of yoga as well as strength training.
As each person’s body is different, and has its own strengths as well as weaknesses, Pilates gives people the opportunity to chart out exercises that are most suitable for them. For example, if you’ve been wanting to get rid of a stubborn layer of belly fat, you can focus on Pilates moves such leg raises and side bends. These will specifically assist you with achieving your aim. Before you start, though, you must make sure that your basics of balance, breath, form and alignment are clear. These are uncompromisable when doing Pilates moves.
Circles Pilates Move
This exercise includes lifting your legs off the floor in order to move them in a spherical motion in the air. Not only does this improve the strength of the abdominal muscles, but it also works your quadriceps and hamstrings. This is because they’re contracted and expanded interchangeably while making a circle. While doing this, you should keep your centre in mind in order to have improved control over your movements.
Follow these steps:
- Lie down supine. Keep your knees straight as well as joined together.
- Lift your legs off the floor to make a 90-degree angle with your upper body.
- Put your arms flat on the floor on either side of your body.
- Keep your upper body centred, make use the strength in your abdominal muscles in order to move your legs in a circular movement in the air.
- Make your circles as wide as you possibly can. The closer that your legs get to the floor without touching them, the more successful will the exercise be.
- Do a set of five clockwise as well as five anticlockwise reps.
Double-Leg Straight-Leg Stretch
Lie down supine on a mat with your legs stretched vertically upwards to the sky. Your heels need to be together and your toes should be turned out in a V position.
Leave your hands at the back of your head and then lift your head and neck. Make sure that you keep your elbows wide open towards your sides.
Maintain your head lifted and gradually move your legs straight down and up as far as you can, without raising your body from the mat. Inhale when you lower your legs and breathe out when you lift them. Repeat this 8 to 10 times.
The criss-cross Pilates move involves twisting your body on the left as well as the right in order to work the sides of the abdomen. These also called the obliques. The alternating motion of the legs, exercises the lower abdomen. All in all, this Pilates move makes for a great exercise to lose belly fat and emphasise your abs.
Follow these steps:
- Lie supine on your back. Bend your knees at a 90-degree and lift your legs off the floor.
- Entwine your fingers at the back of the head.
- Get your shoulders, neck as well as your head slightly off the floor. Make sure that everything is in one line.
- Straighten your right leg and then bring your left leg closer to the chest while at the same time, turning the upper part of your body to the left.
- Now straighten out your left leg and then bring your right leg closer to your chest while simultaneously turning the upper part of your body to the right.
- Do this in a continuous, seamless motion. Repeat the set 10 times.