Booking a flight suitable to your needs can be tricky. Especially with so many flight options out there, you might be wondering which flight to book. While flying early comes with a sacrifice, they can prove to be very advantageous. Mentioned in this post are some of the main benefits of an early morning flight. Keep reading.
You don’t like travelling early in the morning? Well, you could be missing out on a lot of things. There are many reasons you should only book an early morning flight. While getting up at 4 AM is a challenging task for many, the comfort of a smooth sailing flight and a less crowded airport can make it worth your while. Let us see the advantages of flying early.
- On-time Departures: Early morning flights usually have on-time departures and arrivals. This is due to two main reasons
- Decreased Air traffic: Airspace is less likely to be crowded in the morning since all the previous flights have landed for the night.
- First Round of the Flight: Most flights, especially short-haul flights, make multiple rounds between the airports in a day. Early morning flights are usually the first flights out, which leave little room for delays.
- Less turbulence: This is for those who have a fear of flying. Several factors can cause turbulence in flight. Jet streams cause sudden wind change that can rock a plane. While the pilot has little control over jet stream turbulence, you can try to avoid thermal turbulence by flying early. Thermal turbulence is usually created by the rising hot air coming from clouds or thunderstorms. These are more common during the afternoon since it is the hottest time of the day. Hence, by flying early when the air is comparatively cooler, the flight may experience less turbulence.
- Cleaner flights and Airport: If you are a frequent flyer, you might have noticed that both flights and the airports are cleaner in the early morning. This is due to several reasons;
- Most airports are cleaned at night after the last flight lands.
- Children are unlikely to be on early morning flights.
- Since there are no delayed flights, the airport will also have lesser people that are littering around.
So if you are a stickler for cleanliness and hygiene, flying early in the morning is your cup of tea.
- Cheaper Air Tickets: While flying in the morning has several benefits, not many people are inclined to lose their precious morning sleep for it. Hence, air tickets are usually cheaper for the early morning flights compared to the flight fare for the rest of the day. You can couple this advantage with your Airmiles from your travel loyalty program to earn exciting offers or get cheap international plane tickets.
- Less crowded: If you want to enjoy the airport and flight experience, early morning flights are the best way to go. Not many people want to wake up at 3 AM to catch their flight, so the airports and flights are usually less crowded in the early morning. You can also use the airport lounge and enjoy its services without getting disturbed by children running around everywhere.
Besides the reasons mentioned above, flying with early morning flights also gives you more time at your destination. This is beneficial when you are flying for travel and leisure purposes. While losing sleep to catch a flight is a sacrifice, the benefits of an early morning flight can be worth it. Besides, who does not enjoy a smooth sailing flight without any hindrance!