Many people in the world hesitate to smile openly due to their misaligned, chipped, or crooked teeth, as it discourages them and reduces their confidence. Dental veneers are the best possible solution to improve your overall teeth appearance and regain your confident smile. Dental veneers are thin shells placed in the front to project perfectly aligned teeth and enhance the smile’s appearance.
If you also feel conscious of your smile, Dental veneers are an excellent solution!
Here’s everything about dental veneers, what they are, and their different types and procedures.
Let’s dig in!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made, tooth-colored fittings made using high-quality dental materials such as porcelain or tooth-colored composite to create them. These shells are cosmetic and are designed to cover damaged, discolored, and misaligned teeth.
Generally, they are often attached to the front of your teeth to enhance the overall appearance. It is a trendy and fragile dental procedure ideal for people who don’t want to go for other dental treatments like braces, teeth whitening, cosmetic surgeries, or retainers. You can avail of el paso veneers specialist services.
Types Of Dental Veneers
There are mainly four types of dental veneers:
- Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are less costly and get quickly installed compared to others. It includes tooth-colored composite resin applied to treat mild cosmetic issues. They last for a good time but can soon get discolored and have a slightly shorter lifespan.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are custom-made to address a variety of aesthetic imperfections like damaged or broken teeth. These veneers have 10-15 years of life but come a little pricey.
- No-Prep Veneers: No-prep veneers consist of the Lumineers and Vivaneers, and they are also the porcelain veneers of a specific brand. They are less invasive and are custom-made to enhance your smile.
- Removable Veneers: Popularly known as pop-on veneers, Removable veneers cover the entire natural teeth to hide all imperfections such as teeth gaps, discoloration, chipped teeth, and more. As the name suggests, they are easy to remove anytime but have a negative impact on speaking.
Procedure Of Dental Veneers
Here is the complete procedure for dental veneers:
1. Before Dental Veneers Placement
Before the treatment, your dentist will closely examine your teeth condition to see if you’re eligible for dental veneers. Here, a small amount of enamel is removed, and an impression of your teeth is taken. Furthermore, a technician prepares a custom befitting veneer based on your tests. Dentists might also give you a temporary one until your custom veneers are ready.
2. During Dental Veneers Placement
On the day of treatment, your dentist first checks your veneers’ color, fit, and shape and fixes them permanently over the affected teeth. It is the stage where you can ask for changes in your veneers.
3. Post-Care Dental Veneers Placement
Brushing and flossing twice daily is recommended to keep your veneers long-lasted. Ensure you use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste only.
A dental veneer is a popular dental treatment that treats misaligned, broken, or discolored teeth to enhance your smile and uplift your self-esteem. This treatment makes getting a perfectly aligned, comprehensive, and sparkling white smile easier.