If you are tired of working on the same desk for hours each day, you should definitely consider getting a standing desk. For the unversed, standing desks are also known as sit-stand or standup desks, and the basic purpose is to allow the user to switch between sitting and standing positions in a jiffy. There are all sorts of sit-stand desks in the market, including ones that are mechanically adjustable. However, an electric variant is always better when it comes to saving time and effort. A PrimeCables electric standing desk in budget should cost you $300 or less, and that amount is totally worth paying. In this post, we are sharing tips on how to choose the right electric standing desk.
- Check the adjustable features. One of the key aspects of selecting a standing desk is the range of adjustments, especially with regards to height. For someone who is very tall or short, this may matter more than anything else.
- Sound factor is important. You don’t want an electric standing desk that makes a lot of noise at work, especially if you work around other people. Find one that has a simple mechanics and works easily.
- Features that are unique. In case of electric standing desks, you have to consider how the adjustments are made. For instance, some models may have a touch panel, while others may have pre-set settings. Make sure that adjustments remain simple and you don’t waste a lot of energy either.
- Check for weight restrictions, if any. Most electric standing desks do have a maximum weight specification, which must be considered, especially if you intend to use multiple monitors, or tend to have a lot of stuff on your desk.
- Price. Like we mentioned, the price of an electric standing desk may vary, but you can get good models under $300. We strongly suggest that you check a few online stores, to find good offers and discounts. Also, do check if the tabletop is included. For many desks, you may have to buy the top additionally, which allows for customization too.
Your workspace needs to be comfortable and productive, and an electric standing desk is just the right investment. It works better than the mechanical ones, which often make a lot of noise and require time for adjustments. With electric models, you can switch between positions easily, and many of them have an easy system that allows one to make these changes without any effort.