A criminal lawyer manages and handles criminal cases. They are also known as criminal defence lawyers. The spectrum of a criminal lawyer is very wide. They fight the cases of organizations, entities who have been charged for the crime. They handle their cases, that’s why they are called criminal lawyers. These charges can be any crime: sex crime, domestic violence, fraud case, drug case, or anything which comes under the list of crimes.
Responsibilities and duties of the criminal lawyer: the duties and responsibilities of the criminal lawyer are so many. It can be a hearing of bail bond, bargain of the plea, hearing of revocation (probation or parole), trial. According to the needs and requirements criminal lawyers have so many responsibilities which are following:
- Research the laws of the case, crime codes, law of procedural, statutes: the defence lawyer does proper research of the case. He reads and researches all the crime codes that fall into the case. Check for all procedures going to be executed.
- Do the case investigation: criminal lawyers investigate the case from the depth. He keeps track of his clients’ faults. He listens to all the major points which are considerable for the case.
- Interview of the witnesses: criminal lawyers can interview all witnesses available for the case. He tries to manage all the witnesses to be available for the interview.
- Make a case strategy and defense building: after proper research and investigation, he makes a proper strategy to win the case and this is the most essential part of the case. The strategy he makes decides the result of the case. So, this step is done very carefully.
- At trial, advocate the defendant: at the trial of the case, he stands for his defendant and advocates the defendant. You can visit the website for a New Westminster criminal defence lawyer.
- Draft the appeal, file the appeal, and argue for the appeal: he manages all the legal work and handles it carefully.
These are the responsibilities of the criminal lawyer.