Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is used to remove excess body fat. With this procedure the excess fat can be removed from the belly, buttock, back, neck, face, arms, breasts, hips, and legs. Liposuction Miami aims to enhance a body’s shape. Liposuction is an appropriate procedure for some medical conditions in some cases.
When to Consider Liposuction Procedure?
If you don’t like the shape of a body area due to excess fat deposits as it diminishes your quality of life, you may try liposuction. Age is not a problem – the most significant is the patient’s physical or mental health. Elderly applicants with good-health can undergo surgery successfully. A perfect candidate should be inspired to get rid of the local fat deposits and to expect realistic results. your doctor can determine that whether you are a good liposuction candidate or not:
- The weight of your body is within 30 percent.
- You have Solid, elastic skin and a good tone of the muscle.
- You don’t drink. You’re not a smoker.
- You have an optimistic perspective, clear contouring goals, and reasonable expectations for the results.
- Nonsurgical management such as diet and workout did not work.
When I am not a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
You would not be a good candidate if:
- Cellulite disturbs you. If you have Cellulite, liposuction is not meant for you.
- You’re fat or overweight. Liposuction is not a method of weight loss.
- You have a serious disease, medical condition, or parasite that might interfere with recovery. Medical conditions lead to a rise in surgical risks which might discredit anyone from being a candidate for the procedure.
- The elasticity of your skin is poor.
- The risks of the procedure worry you overly.
- The cost of a cosmetic procedure cannot be afforded.
- Patients who assume a continuous loss of weight as a liposuction aid will be disappointed with the results.
What to Expect
A surgeon will perform through with many precise, discrete incisions. You will have general or regional anesthesia and would probably go home on the same day. Often people have to stay in the hospital for a night. Following the treatment, you must wear a compression cloth or elastic bandages. This decreases swelling and maintains your new body shape in your healing process. The duration of full recovery varies over several weeks and months. It may also take up to a year to fully relieve the swelling.