Microneedling is a procedure that involves the use of tiny needles to gently puncture the outer layer of skin, creating a controlled wound. This process prompts the body’s natural healing response, causing collagen and elastin fibers to rebuild and repair the skin’s surface. The treatment is non-invasive, safe, and uses no chemicals or lasers. It is relatively inexpensive and can be done in an esthetician’s office or home. Your Bowling Green Microneedling Specialist can help you achieve improvements in many different skin conditions.
Here is how microneedling is done, and its benefits
How is microneedling done?
The procedure uses a small device containing dozens of tiny needles rolled over the skin to create tiny puncture wounds. The puncture wounds cause blood to rush to the skin’s surface, which triggers the production of new collagen and, by extension, elastin that fills in any depressions or irregularities on the skin’s surface.
What are the benefits of microneedling?
- Prevent aging: Microneedling is one of the most effective treatments for preventing premature aging of the skin. It stimulates collagen production, which helps your skin stay firm and youthful looking for years to come.
- Acne scars: Microneedling can be used to treat acne scars by stimulating collagen production in those areas where there are indented scars or depressions in the skin caused by acne breakouts.
- Stretch marks: Stretch marks can be very stubborn to get rid of and take time to fade away completely after pregnancy or weight gain/loss. However, microneedling works wonders on stretch marks, increasing blood flow in these areas and stimulating collagen production, promoting cell regeneration and healing processes. This will make your stretch marks less noticeable within a few sessions of microneedling treatment sessions but will take longer than other procedures.
- Reduce hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation is caused by an overproduction of melanin or a dilution of normal melanin production. When this happens, dark spots appear on the skin. Microneedling can help reduce these spots by increasing blood flow to the area and stimulating collagen production. This reduces hyperpigmentation and makes dark spots less obvious in people with darker complexions who have undergone laser treatments for their hyperpigmentation issues.
- Improve elasticity: The treatment stimulates collagen production by creating micro-injuries in your skin. When these injuries heal, they form new collagen fibers that make your skin firmer and more elastic. This helps reduce lines and wrinkles and improve scarring caused by acne or other injuries.
- The procedure doesn’t hurt much: There may be some slight stinging or burning during the treatment, but most people don’t need anesthesia or pain medication afterward. Your doctor may prescribe topical anesthetic cream before the procedure to prevent discomfort or burning sensations during treatment.
Microneedling is a procedure of creating tiny punctures in the skin with a roller that has very short needles. This creates channels in the skin, which allows for better trans-epidermal delivery of ingredients and more absorption of active ingredients. It also helps to stimulate collagen production in the skin, so it is ideal for aging skin. If you would like to experience all the above benefits, keep in touch with Sky Vein Aesthetics experts.